People in Need mobilized resources for the immediate support of the affected population in UkrainePublished: Mar 17, 2022 Reading time: 2 minutes
Starting from February 24th, when Russian troops entered Ukraine with intense fighting ongoing across major cities, including the capital Kyiv, Kharkiv, Mariupol, Kherson, Odesa and many others, as well as Donetska and Luhanska oblasts, People in Need mobilized the resources to support affected populations thought Ukraine.
What is done so far
- PIN delivered 5 trains with humanitarian assistance, containing Food, Hygiene, NFIs (blankets, sleeping bags, mattresses, mattes, etc.) to Ukraine. Two trains arrived to Kyiv, three to Dnipro.
- 5 tracks with humanitarian cargo (hygiene items, food, sleeping bags, blankets, etc.) were delivered to Lviv.
- 1500 tons of humanitarian cargo (food, hygiene, non-food items) pre-positioned in Kyiv.
- 500 tons of humanitarian cargo pre-positioned in Dnipro and already delivered to Sviatohirsk, Kharkiv and Liman, Sloviansk, Zaporizhzhia and Sumy.
- PIN has distributed more than 40 grants for different humanitarian/emergency purposes to the local civil society organisations and NGOs (Slavic heart, Posmishka.ua, regional RCs, etc.) in Sloviansk, Sviatohirsk, Sievierodonetsk, Kyiv, Kherson, Mykolaiv, Zaporizhzhia, Dnipro, etc.
Water tracking in Krasnohorivka is ongoing. Water tanks were handed over in Marinka, Uhledar, Avdiivka, Popasna and Sviatohirsk. Bottled water was delivered to Popasna, Izium, Sloviansk to cover the needs of IDPs, and Toretsk.
- PSS hotline is operating 24/7 Ukraine-wide, having supported more than 600 people with FPA. Psychologists are based in Bakhumut, Kramatorsk and Sloviansk. Psychological support to people who fled Volnovakha and counselling for local psychologists on FPA.
- Emergency shelter materials, water, hygiene items and food are distributed in Shchastia, Triokhizbenka, Stanitsa Luhanska, Krymske, the situation there is very dire as the towns were 80% destroyed, water supply, electricity and gas lines were damaged. 50 emergency shelter kits were transferred to local residents.
- Needs Assessment in collective centres receiving IDPs from different regions of Ukraine and host families is ongoing in Lviv and Lviv oblast.
- Cash and voucher support is being rolled out in Chernivtsi and oblast and in some locations in the East, namely in Donetsk region – Dobropillia, Myrnohrad, Pokrovsk, Sloviansk, Velyka Novoselivka and Kostiantynivka.